Manager – Strategic Projects
Salary: Competitive – (negotiable depending on experience and ability)
Type of contract: Permanent (full-time)
Base location: Birmingham – United Kingdom (significant travelling abroad will be required)
Industry: Business consultancy – Islamic finance
Closing date: 30th Nov 2017
We will accept applications only from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and can travel abroad freely. Unfortunately, we will not progress applications that require VISA sponsorship. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the role
IFAAS UK Ltd is looking to recruit an exceptionally talented and experienced individual to join our team. As a middle management member in IFAAS, the successful candidate is expected to lead the overall delivery of IFAAS’s strategic projects while working closely with the Managing Director.
The post holder will be required to take full ownership and provide end-to-end servicing to a portfolio of strategic projects with a direct responsibility for delivering effective and efficient results. Such projects will typically involve developing and delivering new services and solutions for our clients worldwide.
The successful candidate will have/be
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in management roles (any experience in Islamic finance will be considered as a major advantage).
- A graduate degree (post-graduate would be an advantage) in business/finance/Islamic finance or other relevant subjects.
- Very strong analytical and writing skills.
- An excellent command of English, having knowledge in French or Arabic will be a major plus.
- A very good command of MS Office (mainly Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- A qualification in Project Management will be a plus.
- Able to travel abroad frequently for business.
Knowledge and ability to:
- Plan, prioritise and implement required tasks to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects.
- Manage projects, stakeholder feedback, evaluation and periodic monitoring/reporting systems.
- Draft professional reports & documentation and develop business and operational models.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Professional Islamic finance qualifications would be an advantage (i.e. IFQ, CSAA, CIPA, CIMA Diploma in Islamic Finance etc.)
Founded in 2007 as an independent specialist consultancy, IFAAS (Islamic Finance Advisory & Assurance Services) has grown into a leading provider of a wide range of specialist and bespoke professional advisory services to governments and some of the leading financial institutions and Islamic finance industry stakeholders worldwide.
Our offices in the UK, France, Bahrain, Pakistan and Morocco have assisted to date, more than twenty governments and regulators in developing Islamic finance policies, strategic plans and regulatory frameworks. We have also launched over 150 Islamic financial products for our client banks, insurance companies, microfinance institutions and funds. Full details can be found at the website www.ifaas.com
How to apply
IFAAS promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who share IFAAS values. We will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf if you are selected.
If you are talented, reliable, resilient and a highly motivated professional, looking for extraordinary opportunities for professional achievement, please email your CV with an appropriate 1-page covering letter to JOBS@ifaas.com.